IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING A CAR OR TRUCK CRASH
Steps that many people don’t know to do:
1. When safe to do so, check for injuries.
2. Call 911/police.
3. Request that police be sent to the scene.
4. Report any pain/discomfort to police officer(s).
5. Get medical help immediately (report urgent care needs to 911 operators).
6. Identify witnesses (obtain name, number, address) (investigating officers rarely include this information in their police report).
7. Obtain a copy of the at-fault driver’s insurance card and driver’s license.
8. Take photos of all vehicles involved and the scene.
9. Obtain tow truck driver’s business card/info.
10. Identify the location where your vehicle will be towed (it will start accruing daily storage fees).
11. Do NOT post photos, videos, comments, status updates on social media about the crash or your injuries.
12. Call Israel Garcia, Personal Injury Attorney, and his legal team at 210-LAW-9999 immediately!
•Tip: Save this post and send it to younger drivers, family, and friends. Protect your rights in the event of a car or truck accident.