San Antonio Brain Injury Lawyer
The brain is the operations center of the human body, and the tough bones of the skull are very effective at protecting it from most trauma. However, when a person endures an extremely violent impact, there can be severe damage to this extremely complex organ. Statistics reveal that brain injuries are surprisingly common in Texas and across the US, leading to more than 223,000 hospitalizations every year. Many other cases of traumatic brain injury (TBI) are treated in the ER, by primary care physicians, and in urgent care facilities.
Accidents are a top cause of brain injury, so you may pursue the at-fault party for compensation. The legal process can be complicated, but you can count on the Law Office of Israel Garcia to tackle the challenges. Please contact us to schedule a complimentary consultation with a San Antonio brain injury lawyer, and read on for a legal summary.
Accidents That Can Lead to Severe Brain Injuries
You engage in a wide range of activities on a daily basis, but you may not realize that there are dangers all around you as you go about your routine. Some of the most common incidents that cause TBI and other brain injuries include:
● Car, truck, and motorcycle collisions;
● Pedestrian and bicycle accidents, and other incidents involving vulnerable road users;
● Slip and falls, tripping injuries, and accidents that occur because of dangerous conditions on property;
● Bus, van, limo, and taxi crashes; and,
● Many more.
Factors That Impact Compensation
The primary issue that affects your financial recovery is retaining a skilled, experienced San Antonio brain injury to fight for your rights. Unless you have knowledgeable legal representation, you cannot confidently, effectively negotiate a fair settlement for an insurance claim. You also face an uphill battle if the insurer refuses to pay, since you must then sue in court.
The Law Office of Israel Garcia will handle dealings with an insurance company, and we are ready to litigate as necessary to get reasonable damages for your losses. It is our goal to ensure you receive full compensation for medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and more. We will leverage other factors that impact compensation, including:
● Severity: TBI is an umbrella term that covers everything from a minor concussion to severe brain damage, so more serious injuries increase monetary damages.
● Long Term Complications: Some victims of brain injuries may be unable to walk or live independently, so costs of lifetime care can be astronomical.
● Comparative Negligence: Under Texas law, your compensation will be reduced if you had a hand in causing the accident that led to your brain injuries.
Speak to a San Antonio Brain Injury Lawyer About Legal Remedies
As you can see, there are many factors that can affect your monetary damages in a personal injury case, so legal help is crucial for ensuring you receive a fair amount. Our team at the Law Office of Israel Garcia is ready to support you through the legal process, so please contact us to discuss your case. We can set up a free case review with a skilled San Antonio brain injury lawyer.