San Antonio Speeding Accident Lawyer
Most people have sped while driving at one time or another. Speeding is a traffic violation that can cause a very serious accident. Unfortunately, it is also one of the most common negligent practices drivers engage in. Our San Antonio speeding accident lawyer knows the devastation that speeding causes, and that the injuries will tax accident victims physically and mentally. If you or someone you love has been hurt, our attorney knows how to prove your case so you can claim the full damages you deserve.
Why are Speeding Accidents So Dangerous?
Speeding may seem like a minor traffic infraction, but it is very dangerous behavior that puts everyone on the road at risk. Some of the risks associated with speeding are as follows:
- Speeding drivers have a better chance of losing control of their vehicle, which can cause a serious crash, such as a rollover accident
- Speeding greatly reduces the reaction times of motorists, giving them less time to avoid a dangerous situation
- Seat belts, airbags, and other safety features are less effective when drivers speed
- Drivers need more distance to slow down and stop when they speed, which increases the chances of fatality
- Speeding increases the force and impact of a crash, which also increases the chance of fatality
How to Prove Another Driver was Speeding
It is not easy to determine that another driver was speeding because it is not an action you can easily see. Fortunately, an accident scene will contain a lot of evidence that can prove another driver was speeding. This evidence includes:
- Eyewitness testimony: It may not be easy for eyewitnesses to notice that a driver was traveling five to ten miles over the speed limit. However, any more than that and it may be easier for an eyewitness to identify a speeding driver because they will quickly pass all other vehicles on the road.
- Expert witness testimony: Expert witnesses are not at the scene of the crash like eyewitnesses are. However, using technology and their expertise, expert witnesses can reconstruct the accident to show how it happened and to determine that another driver was speeding.
- Video footage: Many people are surprised to learn that there is a significant amount of video footage that shows the accident. Local businesses may have video surveillance that captured the crash, and dash cams may have also recorded the accident, which can all prove another driver was speeding.
- Skid marks: Skid marks on the road may not seem like an important detail to many people, but they are. The length and depth of skid marks can show when the driver applied the brakes, and the length of time it took them to stop.
The above are just a few pieces of evidence that can prove another driver was speeding. A lawyer will know what they are and collect them for you to prove your case.
Our Speeding Accident Lawyers in San Antonio Can Help with Your Case
If you have been hurt by a driver who was speeding, our San Antonio speeding accidents lawyer at the Law Office of Israel Garcia is here to help. Our seasoned attorney will collect the evidence necessary to help you obtain the full settlement you deserve, and handle every other aspect of your claim. Call us now at 210-LAW-9999 to request a free consultation.