San Antonio Cargo Securement Accident Lawyer
Commercial motor vehicles remain the top form of freight transportation in the US, carrying almost 58 percent of all cargo nationwide and beating out both rail and shipping. However, if you have ever driven next to a truck with loose cargo flailing about on the trailer, it is easy to see how Texas cargo securement accidents can be deadly. Semis, 18-wheelers, and big rigs could be hauling a load that weighs more than your entire vehicle, and they may even be transporting hazardous substances. Of course, occupants of the passenger vehicle are most at risk for fatal harm and serious injuries.
It is reassuring to know that Texas laws provide you with legal remedies, but you may not know where to begin with pursuing them. Instead of putting your rights in jeopardy, rely on our team at the Law Office of Israel Garcia to tackle the process. Please contact us to set up a free consultation with a San Antonio cargo securement accidents lawyer, and check out some important information.
Facts About Unsecured Loads and Truck Accidents
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) enacts numerous regulations regarding cargo weight, proper securing techniques, balancing loads, and many other aspects of transporting freight. When the truck driver, trucking company, or any other party contributes to violations of these rules, they can be subjected to fines and other penalties.
However, failure to properly secure cargo can also be a form of negligence. In the practice of law, you must prove that the at-fault party failed to exercise reasonable care when loading, securing, or handling freight. Additional points to note include:
● Proof of a FMCSA rules violation helpful but not necessary. The key is having sufficient evidence to establish negligence.
● There are multiple parties responsible for packing, loading, labeling, unloading, and securing cargo. You may have grounds to seek compensation if their negligence contributed to the truck crash.
● Texas’ statute of limitations applies, so you have two years from the date of the truck collision to file a lawsuit in court.
Important Tasks for a Truck Crash Claim
Compensation is available when victims suffer injuries and other losses in a collision linked to unsecured freight. You may qualify to recover amounts for medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and many other losses. Our San Antonio cargo securement accidents lawyers at The Law Office of Israel Garcia will handle all essential tasks, including:
● Conducting an investigation and collecting important evidence;
● Preparing all forms and submitting supporting documentation for your insurance claim;
● Attempting to work out an agreement to settle your claim; and,
● Suing in court and pursuing litigation if the insurer declines to pay sufficient compensation for your losses.
Contact a San Antonio Cargo Securement Accidents Lawyer Today
It is helpful to know the basic timeline for a truck crash claim, but you can see how complicated legal concepts can impact your rights. To learn more about how we can help, please contact the Law Office of Israel Garcia. We can schedule a no-cost case review with a skilled Texas cargo securement accidents lawyer.