San Antonio Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The temperate climate in Texas means that motorcycle enthusiasts are able to enjoy their favorite activity year-round, but the risk of collisions is always a concern. Every year, around 520 people are killed and almost 7,000 are injured in motorcycle accidents statewide. Victims and their families suffer physical pain, and the financial and emotional losses can be devastating. It is encouraging to know that you have legal remedies under state law, but the process for recovering compensation is overwhelming.
You can rely on the Law Office of Israel Garcia to assist with your options, as our team has decades of combined experience advocating on behalf of motorcycle crash victims. We are ready to pursue the responsible motorist and attempt to settle, but we will file a lawsuit in court if necessary to protect your rights. Please contact our firm to schedule a free case evaluation with a San Antonio motorcycle accident lawyer who can advise you on details. Some background information is also helpful.
Common Causes Behind Motorcycle Crashes
There is an infinite number of specific reasons behind these incidents, but motorcycle collisions are usually the result of negligent acts by other drivers. Though the term is used interchangeably with carelessness, negligence is a theory of liability in the practice of law. To recover compensation, you must prove that you were hurt because another motorist failed to exercise reasonable care while driving. Examples include:
● Failure to yield right of way;
● Texting, talking on the phone, surfing the internet, and related cell phone use;
● Other forms of distracted driving, such as eating, using a GPS, or adjusting the radio;
● Neglecting to check for motorcycles before changing lanes;
● Drunk and drugged driving; and,
● Many other forms of misconduct.
Keep in mind that motorcyclists are also expected to exercise reasonable care while riding, so your own negligent acts could be a factor in your claim. Texas follows the law of comparative negligence, which could operate to reduce your compensation if you were also careless.
Injured Victims Have Rights
In a successful motorcycle crash claim, you may recover for your medical costs, lost income, pain and suffering, and many other losses. Our San Antonio motorcycle accidents lawyers at the Law Office of Israel Garcia will guide you through the two primary steps in the legal process:
1. We will collect evidence, complete documentation, and file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurer. Many motorcycle collision claims settle, so we will attempt to negotiate an agreement.
2. If the insurance company refuses to pay fair compensation, we are prepared to sue in court. Our Lawyers have amassed extensive experience and trial advocacy skills, so we are ready to litigate.
Consult with a San Antonio Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer Today
For more information on your rights and remedies after a collision, please contact the Law Office of Israel Garcia to set up a no-cost consultation. Our team is committed to pursuing the at-fault driver, and we are ready to tackle the pitfalls that impact your rights. A San Antonio motorcycle accident lawyer can explain details after reviewing your circumstances.