San Antonio Overloaded Truck Accident Lawyer
As the second largest US state in terms of geographic area, Texas is home to some of the most heavily trafficked truck routes in the nation. Semis, tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers, and many other commercial vehicles haul millions of tons of cargo every year, and trucks remain the top option for shipping freight. Out of safety concerns, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has enacted strict regulations regarding the weight that trucks can haul. Unfortunately, some trucking companies try to push the limits and carry more to protect their profits.
If you were hurt or lost a loved one in a truck collision, time is of the essence to retain experienced legal counsel to assist with your legal options. The Law Office of Israel Garcia is ready to provide support and handle important tasks, so please contact us right away. We can schedule a free case review with a San Antonio overloaded truck accident lawyer, though a summary is informative.
4 Things to Know About Truck Collisions and Heavy Loads
FMCSA regulations on hauling cargo are based upon the gross weight of the truck, braking ability, the number of axles, and many other factors. When these factors are out of balance with the weight of the load, the potential for rollovers, tire blowouts, and jackknife collisions increases significantly. Plus, overloaded cargo can become loose, falling off the trailer and onto other vehicles.
Some additional points to note about overloaded truck collisions are:
1. The theory of liability in these accidents is negligence, which refers to the failure to exercise reasonable care.
2. Aside from the driver, there are usually other potential parties in a collision caused by overloading. Examples include the trucking company, shipper, warehouse, logistics companies, and the owner of the trailer.
3. In a successful overloaded truck crash claim, it is possible to recover compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and many other losses.
4. The Texas statute of limitations applies, so you have two years to file a lawsuit in court. If you miss the deadline, you are forever barred from seeking damages.
Steps to Recovering Compensation
Though you can count the Law Office of Israel Garcia to manage the legal process, you should be aware of the different stages:
● Insurance Claim: We will investigate and gather important evidence, so that we have solid proof when filing a claim with the trucker’s insurance company. Our San Antonio overloaded truck accident lawyers work diligently to reach a reasonable settlement.
● Litigation: If the insurer refuses to pay fair compensation, we will sue in court and advocate on your behalf throughout trial proceedings.
Trust a San Antonio Overloaded Truck Accident Lawyer for Legal Help
An overview of the legal process is useful, but it takes in-depth knowledge of the laws and extensive experience to ensure you receive fair compensation in a truck crash case. To learn more about our services, please contact the Law Office of Israel Garcia. We are happy to set up a no-cost consultation with a skilled Texas overloaded truck accident lawyer.