San Antonio Truck Accident Lawyer > Blog > What to do Next > Important things to do immediately following a car or truck crash
Important things to do immediately following a car or truck crash
Steps that many people don’t know to do:
- When safe to do so, check for injuries.
- Call 911/police.
- Request that police be sent to the scene.
- Report any pain/discomfort to police officer(s).
- Get medical help immediately (report urgent care needs to 911 operators).
- Identify witnesses (obtain name, number, address) (investigating officers rarely include this information in their police report).
- Obtain a copy of the at-fault driver’s insurance card and driver’s license.
- Take photos of all vehicles involved and the scene.
- Obtain tow truck driver’s business card/info.
- Identify the location where your vehicle will be towed (it will start accruing daily storage fees).
- Do NOT post photos, videos, comments, status updates on social media about the crash or your injuries.
- Call Israel Garcia, Personal Injury Attorney, and his legal team at 210-LAW-9999 immediately!
Tip: Save this post and send it to younger drivers, family, and friends. Protect your rights in the event of a car or truck accident.